Friday, April 13, 2012

where is your jerusalem?

i have a note saved on my phone.
"where is my jerusalem?"

i don't remember exactly when i wrote it. i did manage to find the verse i read before i put it in my phone, though: "and now, compelled by the Spirit, i am going to jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there." acts 20:22


i remember reading that verse and feeling like God was talking to me through it. i thought, "aha! that must mean God has some big change in store for me, somewhere He is going to take me where i will be working for Him." at the time, i just knew that meant grad school (which, of course, didn't work out like i had planned).


today, while i was trying to figure out what to write on here, the words of that note ran through my head. it took me quite a while to find that verse in acts--for some reason i kept trying to find it somewhere in the old testament (yeah, reading it now it is obviously from paul. for some reason, though, i kept trying to make it a command from an angel instead).


for right now, i think i know where my jerusalem is.


it's funny. yesterday i got the official letter from utoledo about grad school (including a tuition scholarship--huge, amazing blessing!), so you would think that i would see toledo as my obvious jerusalem.
the thing is, that's not what's happening.


instead, i think God showed me my jerusalem when He somehow managed to convince me to start pouring out my thoughts on this blog.


that's right--you all are my jerusalem.
i felt led to you all, those who take the time to listen to my ramblings here.

what probably made me realize that more, though, is the fact that i have no idea what will happen to me here.
i don't know what, if anything, will come from these ramblings, from me pouring out the stuff i would normally keep to myself.
i've wanted to use my writing for God in some way, though i never would have imagined this would be the way (me, a blogger? come on...).

seems like, for some reason, i never would have imagined most of the things that have happened in my life, so why would this be any different? i guess it's just that crazy desire to have control that i keep clinging to...i'm sure there'll be more about that later.


i do know, though, that right now, no matter what else is going on in my life or where we may be, that this is where i'm supposed to be.


i hope you agree :0)

where is your jerusalem?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? I would love to hear them!
~Mandy

parenting teens

 My mom once asked her own mom what she thought was the hardest part about raising kids. I'm not sure when their conversation took place...

what people are reading...