Saturday, January 4, 2014

10 crazy beautiful years


Look at us--we thought we knew what we were doing, that we knew what love was.

I know nobody could've told me then, but a 19 year old really doesn't know anything!
 ...not that I know anything now, mind you. But then, maybe that's the difference between then and now.

Now, 10 years in, I realize how little I really know. So instead of a post on how much I've learned in 10 years of marriage, how about something different?

I present: What I don't know
I don't know how...
...one person can so quickly learn to push your every button--and sometimes delight in doing so.
...you can know so much about one person and yet at times feel like you know nothing.
...you can feel like another person is part of you--inside your head and under your skin and in your blood.
....something as abstract as love can be strong and concrete enough to stand against anything.
...one person believing in you can make you try to accomplish what would otherwise seem impossible.
...10 years can seem like both a lifetime and the blink of an eye.
...two people can be so different yet still fit together so perfectly.
...one person come into your life and turn everything upside down and inside out and change your entire world in such and unbelievably amazing way.


So, Nathan, thanks for 10 crazy beautiful years--here's to 100 more!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? I would love to hear them!
~Mandy

parenting teens

 My mom once asked her own mom what she thought was the hardest part about raising kids. I'm not sure when their conversation took place...

what people are reading...