1. God is still God. He is still on His throne, unshaken by what happens. Nothing takes Him by surprise and nothing is out of His control.
2. Right and wrong aren't subjective.
3. No matter how dark it is, the darkness can never drive away the light. In fact, a tiny flame can more easily be seen when it is shining in the dark than in the light of day.
4. God still uses refining fires. It's the hard times that expose and burn off all the things we need to get rid of so we can better reflect God.
5. Lies don't have to be silenced because they will always be exposed. What people fight to silence is the inconvenient truth.
6. Eventually, God's patience ends. He is love and bears with us longer than we deserve, but there always comes a time of judgment.
7. "Praise the name of God forever and ever, for all wisdom and power belong to Him. He sets in motion the times and the ages; He deposes kings and installs others; He gives wisdom to the wise and grants knowledge to those with understanding. He reveals deep truths and hidden secrets; He knows what lies veiled in the darkness; pure light radiates from within Him." (Daniel 2:20-22)
8. Yelling louder than the other person doesn't mean you win the argument.
9. I know my God is able to deliver me, but even if He doesn't I still will not bow.
10. The wisdom of man is foolishness before God.
11. Truth isn't decided by popular vote.
12. Even when my faith falters, He doesn't.
13. Our purpose on earth hasn't changed. We are to serve God, not man.
14. "Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him." (Proverbs 26:4)
15. "Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes." (Proverbs 26:5)
16. Following Christ is simple, but it is seldom easy.
17. Though we can't always see how, God is always at work.
18. Freedom is the ability to say no.
19. God will always save His remnant.
20. Even when it isn't popular, our job is to do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with God.
21. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path." (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Bonus quote from my Grandpa: "It takes a good man to overcome too much education."