Thursday, March 12, 2015

on being a lady...

So, I want to start a project (there's nothing like adding another pot to the stove, right?). This one's different, though, because I'll need your help to make it happen.

Growing up, my mom taught me that I would grow up to be a woman simply because I was born a girl, but that it takes more than that to become a lady. These days, it seems like people have lost sight of that. The world seems to depict ladies as weak, powerless, and insignificant, when those things couldn't be further from the truth.

My own little girl is growing up now, and I want her to know what it means to be a lady. That's where you come in--I want your stories. I'm sure you know someone who is the epitome of a lady (because I know some of the ladies you all know!), and I want to hear about her. I want your stories of women who are ladies because of their strength, dignity, compassion, perseverance, kindness, hospitality--all those character traits that set them apart from the crowd.

From all your stories (and some words of my own), I want to write, "On Being a Lady." The book would be made available in paperback and on Kindle, but that's only if we can get enough stories. If your story is used, I'll send you a copy of the book for free once it's finished. Don't worry about your writing skills, because I'll make sure everything's polished (and I'll make sure you're happy with how your story is included) before everything is finalized. Also, everyone who submits a story will get a discount code to use of CreateSpace for the paperback once it's finished.

Like I said, I can't do this without you all. So send me an email at ajkilbourn.ajk@gmail.com . For those of you back home, if you want to you can drop off your story at Green Forest Flowers & Gifts and my mom will make sure it gets to me.

So please, share this post and send me your stories! Let's show everyone what it truly means to be a lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? I would love to hear them!
~Mandy

parenting teens

 My mom once asked her own mom what she thought was the hardest part about raising kids. I'm not sure when their conversation took place...

what people are reading...