Tuesday, February 14, 2012

love is...

in my life, i have been blessed more times than i can even start to count.

i have people in my life who love me way more than i would ever deserve, so for this week when everybody's mind is wrapped up in valentine's day i'm going to share a little bit of how i have been blessed.

first, since today is valentine's day, is my husband.
this guy :0)

we probably met in kindergarten, but we started dating right after high school graduation. we got married at the ripe ol' age of 19 (just babies, i know!) and have been married for 8 years, 1 month, and 11 days (hey, it's valentine's day--i'm supposed to be a little sappy...)

he's the only guy i've ever said, "i love you" to.

we've been through a lot in 8 years. he's been right beside me when my world has been turned upside down multiple times. he's seen me at my best and at my worst, and he loves me anyways.

when we were engaged, planning a may wedding, we found out over Thanksgiving that my brother would be shipping out for iraq at the beginning of january. he didn't have a heart attack when i suggested we get married in a month and a half instead of the 6 months it was supposed to be...although i do wish i had had a camera with me to catch the look that came across his face!

when i was home with two little ones and was lucky to find time to shower once a week (i know that nobody else has ever had that experience...), he would still tell me i was beautiful--
      and mean it.

when i was ready to settle in college with a major i thought was good enough, he was the one pushing me to do something more. since physics was the result of that, there were times when he got blamed for it rather than thanked, but we made it through!

he has put his dreams on hold so that i can chase mine.

he puts up with my crazy and deals with everything i throw at him.

he hasn't disowned me for making this blog where i air all my/our dirty laundry :0)

he knows that i am a lousy housekeeper and doesn't say a word about it.

he's there for me
no matter what
even when i try to push him away.

he loves me, and that's a pretty amazing thing!
 
"i am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine." ~song of solomon 6:3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? I would love to hear them!
~Mandy

holy week

Every once in a while, I read a verse of Scripture and think, "I wonder when that got put in there..." because it catches me as so...

what people are reading...