Monday, February 27, 2012

waiting...

this weekend, i had a bit of a meltdown. yes, there were tears. no, nothing major happened. i just let the stress of everything that isn't happening overwhelm me.

ever had one of those moments?

there really isn't anything major and life changing happening in my life right now. on the flip side of that, though, there are a lot of major, life changing things not happening right now.

for somebody like me, that's worse.

if something happens, no matter how bad, there's something for me to do, something i have to deal with. when the issue is things that aren't happening, there's nothing i can do except wait.

i'm not very good at waiting.
i really don't like doing it.

so, while i struggle with waiting, i've found a verse to cling to. maybe it's one you can claim, too.

"i wait on the LORD, my soul waits, and in His word i put my hope."
~psalm 130:5 

2 comments:

  1. I'm not good at waiting either. I love that verse. I will definitely remember it. I hope your wait is over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting is hard. And yes, I've been there and done that with the meltdowns. But, your writing is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? I would love to hear them!
~Mandy

art majors

 My oldest daughter is an artist. She has a sketchbook with her at pretty much all times, and she has the kind of skill that is unimaginable...

what people are reading...