Thursday, May 16, 2013

life verses for my babies

We had a dedication service Sunday at church, and one of the things the parents of the babies being dedicated that Mother's Day morning were asked to do was pick out a verse for their kids. That made me think about the verses I would have picked for my kids.

Honestly, if I had been asked to choose verses for them when they were tiny I don't know what I would have come up with. Babies are amazing miracles, but you don't really know them until they get a little older and start developing all the quirks that make somebody unique.

Now, though, with my babies 6 and almost 4, I'm starting to get a good idea of the little people they are. And now I think I have a better grasp on the verses I would choose for each of them.

First there's Raiden.
My sweet, bossy, artsy, moody, insightful, cuddly, girly, sensitive, loving, growing up too fast little girl.

She loves music and is constantly making up songs. Because of her, the kids go to sleep with their CD player on every night. She loves listening to Faith Hill's Fireflies album. She's a dreamer and she's passionate and she revels in attention. She wants to please and can't stand it when someone is upset with her.

For Raiden I would pick Zephaniah 3:17. "The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."



Then there's Conan.

My stubborn, loving, determined, energetic, competitive, emotional, funny, shy, protective, full of life little boy who is already comparing his height to sister's.

"Sister" is extremely important to this little guy. He wants to be by her side all the time, counting down the time until she gets home from school and asking to sleep with her every night (a request she surprisingly grants...most of the time). He can't stand to see people upset, and even at the ripe ol' age of almost 4 he steps in to make things better. He's big for his age and only getting bigger, and he takes pride in showing us how strong he is.

For Conan I would choose Proverbs 31:8-9 (and no, this doesn't come from the "Wife of Noble Character" passage, I promise!). "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy."

 I can't wait to see the amazing people these two become. I know we are in for a crazy ride with both of them, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm excited for what's to come, and I'm thankful God has blessed us with two such amazing kids to raise for Him.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww! Adorable!
    Monica
    http://happyandblessedhome.com

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? I would love to hear them!
~Mandy

parenting teens

 My mom once asked her own mom what she thought was the hardest part about raising kids. I'm not sure when their conversation took place...

what people are reading...