Tuesday, April 29, 2014

do you know how loved you are?

I have big news--I'm an aunt!

I am beyond excited to introduce you to Avery, my baby sister's new precious little girl. Today's post is for her...
*****

My sweet girl,
Welcome to the world, little one! You have been prayed for and loved from the moment you were first knit together, and you should know that you have a ton of people who will never stop praying for you! You've been born into two families that will probably drive you crazy at times, but they are two families who will love you unconditionally until the end of time.

Sweet Avery, this world you've been born into is a bizarre one. It is full of mysteries and miracles, but it is also full of heartaches and fears. Life has the ability to lift you high above the clouds one minute and then knock you into the dirt the next. I know your momma, though, and I know what sort of stuff you're made of--so I know you'll be able to face whatever is thrown your way.

And things will be thrown at you, believe me. Sometimes life will throw you a curve that you never expected, something that will knock you off your feet. When that happens, realize something--when you get knocked down, the easiest place to get to is your knees. When you find yourself there, you'll find the power of the One who can pull you back up to your feet.

Other times, you'll be standing on the mountaintop and all will be right with the world. In those times, remember that you couldn't be standing there if it wasn't for the mountain, and the mountain couldn't be there if it wasn't for the One who created it in the first place.

You, sweet girl, are amazing. No matter what the rest of the world may think, God has given you the ultimate compliment: He calls you His masterpiece, His work of art. He looks at you and smiles--you are His!

As much as all of us in your crazy family love you, our love for you can't even begin to compare with His love for you. It is unfathomable and unending and the most powerful force to have ever existed. When all else fails you, know that you can cling to Him.

Avery, you stole my heart the moment I found out about you. I can't wait to see the amazing, strong, loving, incredible woman you become!

Love you forever,
Aunt Mandy
*****

I had to wait on this post because it's the one I told you about the other day when I said I had a new book to share. This one is something totally different because it was written for Avery.

When Sarah first told me she was going to have a baby, a question popped into my head and wouldn't leave me alone:
"Do you know how loved you are?"
 It wasn't long before that question grew into an idea... and that idea grew into a picture... and that picture grew into a book for Avery.

Now that Sarah and Avery have the very first copy, I want to share it with you all. You can find it at CreateSpace or on Amazon and share it with the little ones in your life. All kids should know just how much they are loved by the people in their lives, but more importantly by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? I would love to hear them!
~Mandy

parenting teens

 My mom once asked her own mom what she thought was the hardest part about raising kids. I'm not sure when their conversation took place...

what people are reading...