Saturday, February 13, 2016

a love letter...

Hey you--yes, you.
My child.

I know you think that I've forgotten you, turned My back. You feel like you're being crushed by everything that's weighing you down right now. You're afraid that you're going to crack under the pressure, and since people know you're My child, you're afraid that if you break you'll give Me a bad name.

But you know what? That's not possible. That's right, I'm telling you that you've got it all wrong.

photo by Sarah
First of all, My name can never be changed--not by you, not by anyone. No matter how many times you mess up--and yes, you're going to mess up--you can't do anything to change who I AM. Remember, I told Moses Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh-- I AM WHO I AM.

My child, you are infinitely important to me, but you can never change who I AM.

Second, who told you there was something wrong with being broken? There is beauty in being broken. After all, it was My Son's brokenness that gave you life. It is only by being broken that you realize your own weakness--and that is when you see that My grace is enough to cover and sustain you. My power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Last, and I really want you to hear Me on this, I will never leave you. I've made you that promise, and I never go back on My word. I love you with a love you can't understand, a love that is so great that it's part of the very fabric of who I AM. 

You are cradled in the palm of my hand. I AM right there with you, lessening your burden even though you don't realize it.

My precious child, have you ever stopped to think that maybe the reason you haven't been seeing me is because you're squeezing your eyes shut, trying desperately to block out the storm around you?

Beautiful, broken one, let Me tell you something again: I AM with you, and I AM mighty to save. I will take great delight in you, I will quiet you with My love, and I will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17  

You are loved, because I love you.
You are cherished above all My creation.
You are needed in this world, because I created it with a void just the size of you.

I love you deeply, and I always will--no matter how you mess up.
~Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? I would love to hear them!
~Mandy

parenting teens

 My mom once asked her own mom what she thought was the hardest part about raising kids. I'm not sure when their conversation took place...

what people are reading...