Tuesday, July 1, 2014

what to write...?

So I have to admit, I'm at a bit of a loss right now.

Believe it or not, I have no idea what to write.

Usually, words come pretty easily to me when I'm writing (speaking is a completely different story...). I start writing and the words just seem to flow. I've spent the last few days trying to come up with something to write on here, though, and I just haven't found any words.

Not all words are hard for me to find right now, though. I've started writing a new story and so far to words for that have been coming out pretty well. To tell you the truth, though, I'm a bit terrified about this one. It's fiction and in some ways pretty similar to the fantasy type stuff I've put out there. The thing is, though, I'm trying something different. I'm attempting to connect both sides of my writing by doing something crazy (for me, anyways).

I'm trying my hand at a Christian supernatural thriller.

I know, right? Craziness, and I'm not real sure why I've decided to take this one on. But it's here beside me right now, an open pink notebook of graph paper with words slowly starting to fill the pages. Here's the first paragraph:
***
She bolted straight up in bed, her heart pounding and her skin damp with sweat. It was the same dream, the nightmare she'd had at least twice a week for the last three months. Like every time, the content of the dream lay just beyond her reach. The only thing that told her it was the same nightmare was the terror that woke her, a fear that took her breath away and left her desperately searching the shadows for some lurking evil.
***

So basically, that's all I really have to say about that. As I've said many times, talking about my writing is pretty much the hardest thing for me to do. And for some reason, this one is even harder to talk about. I'm not really sure how to put my thoughts about this story into words, even unspoken ones.

In that case, why not get back to the blog? Like I said at the beginning, I'm at a loss. I really don't know what to write about, so I'm asking for your help.

What do you want to hear about?
What would help you, challenge you, or encourage you?

I would love to hear your suggestions, either here in the comments or on facebook or through my email (that's ajkilbourn at hotmail dot com...you know the drill for changing that over to an email address. Thanks for helping me try to avoid spammers!).

Because you know what? We're in this thing together--this crazy, messy, beautiful thing called life (even if it's only in the virtual world).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? I would love to hear them!
~Mandy

holy week

Every once in a while, I read a verse of Scripture and think, "I wonder when that got put in there..." because it catches me as so...

what people are reading...